Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting Started

Coupons

There are many ways to get started in the couponing world. The easiest way is to buy a paper on Sundays. It can either be the Sun Herald or the Mississippi Press (For the MS gulf coast). These two papers have coupon inserts including Smart Source (SS), Red Plum (RP), Proctor and Gamble (P&G), General Mills (GM) and others. You hold on to these coupon inserts and wait for the deals to roll in.

Another way to stock up on coupons is to get printable coupons. There are many sites to print out coupons, the main site is coupons.com. There is also smartsource.com, redplum.com, and others . . .(I will add more later)

Finally you can submit to companies for free samples . .usually they will send a coupon for their products when they send the sample.


Storage for your coupons and inserts

You may want to start out small like I did so you can figure out if this is something you'd like to do.

When I started couponing, I had a small accordian file that held my coupons. I have graduated to using whats deemed a coupon binder. Its a large 3 ring binder enclosed so I don't lose any coupons.

With the Sunday inserts I initially had them paper clipped together with the date of the newspaper on a piece of paper surrounding the inserts. I had them laying on the floor beside my computer. I have graduated to a legal sized tub with file folders hanging in the tub with the Sunday papers date on the top to organize. This way its easier to jump to the date and pull out the insert you are in need of for the coupons. This becomes essential later on. The blogs I follow tell me which insert to pull out to get the coupon for the item that we will get a good deal on.

No comments:

Post a Comment