Saturday, January 4, 2014

Price Matching - Getting started

Grocery Store Websites
Jerry Lee's
Wayne Lee's
Save-A-Lot
Piggly Wiggly
Winn-Dixie
Greers
Food Giant
Rouses
Publix
Food for Less
Cain's Piggly Wiggly
Four Seasons - In the Mississippi Press usually first few pages. Part of the paper.
HP Davis - not in paper, have to stop by store or get it mailed.

Grocery store ads typically come out on Wednesday mornings.
I set aside about 30 minutes to go through websites and  make my shopping list for the following week.

The most challenging part in the beginning is figuring out what is a good price.

Here are a few items that I normally buy and the price I shoot for:

Butter - under $2/lb
name brand cereal - around $1 a box
bread - under $1/loaf
eggs - under $1 (walgreens has these on sale a lot for $.99)
milk - anything under walmart price which is around $3.73/gal
cheese - block, shred or slice - under $2 for 8oz -12oz
fresh veggies/fruit - under $1/lb
triscuits or ritz - $1.50
bacon - under $2/lb
boneless skinless chicken - under $1.50/lb
split chicken breast - under $1/lb
ground beef 73% - under $2/lb

     Note: I do not go to all the grocery store. I price match the grocery ads at my Walmart.

The last thing I do is go to my favorite website for couponing and check out the coupon database to see if there are any coupons to match with my price matching deals.
Cuckooforcoupondeals - coupon database

There are several websites that already have the full grocery store ad with coupons and totals already figured out for you. all you have to do is view their matchups and find the co-responding coupons.
For example:  I heart publix and Prudent Patron (winn-dixie)


No comments:

Post a Comment